18 August 2020
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is committed to the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
However, the NHS is facing unprecedented challenges relating to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic at the current time. Understandably, our resources have been diverted to support our front-line colleagues who are working tremendously hard to provide care for our patients, and to those in need of our services.
We strive to be transparent and to work with an open culture. But at this time, whilst care of our patients and the safety of our staff takes precedent, it is likely that responses to some requests for information will be delayed. We apologise for this position in advance, and will endeavour to provide you with as much information as we can, as soon as we are able.
The Information Commissioners Office has recognised the current situation in the NHS.
19 August 2020
I can confirm that the Trust does partially hold the information you have requested.
Thank you for your request for information, details of which are below:
Freedom of Information Request
1) Does the Trust have paper or electronic Order Sets? Please note, this is different to Order Comms Electronic
2) Does the Trust have paper or electronic Care Plans? Electronic
3) If the answer is yes to 1&2 please can you provide the name of the supplier?
1 - Sunquest ICE for Pathology (joint system with Rotherham Hospital laboratories 2- Medway from System C
4) If a supplier is named in Q3 please state the length and expiry date of contract.
Clinisys: 5 years - expires - 31/03/2021, System C: 10 years - expires 19/03/2028
5) If a supplier is named in Q3 please confirm the route to procurement.
Clinisys: Single Tender only Sunquest can undertake this work as the software is proprietary to them. (Only this system can be used as we have a joint system with Rotherham labs)
System C: Framework (QE)
6) Is the Trust looking to procure electronic Order Sets or Care Plans in the next 2 years? No
7) Has the Trust used Order Sets &/or Care plans for the treatment of COVID-19? Yes
8) Please provide the name, job title and email address of the person responsible for Order Sets & Care Plans at the Trust.
Clinical Systems, [email protected]
9) Please confirm what EHR/EPR system the Trust uses? Medway from System C
10) Has the Trust started to look at obtaining a recognised certification for example:- Joint Commission, HIMSS EMRAM, ?and is so which certification? Unable to provide this information
This completes the Trust’s response to your request.
As part of our on-going evaluation, we ask that you complete a satisfaction survey found at the link below. This helps us to identify areas of improvement and to highlight good practice to share with other teams. https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/L3HLQV3
Re-use of Public Sector Information
© Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
You may re-use this information (not including logos) free of charge in any format or medium, under the terms of the Open Government Licence.
To view this licence, visit: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/opengovernment-licence/
Alternatively, you can consult the Guidance for Information Providers section on The National Archives website:http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/information-management
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your request, you may ask for an internal review in accordance with Section VI Complaints Procedures of the Section 45 Code of Practice of the Freedom of Information Act 2000: and in accordance with the Trust’s Code of Practice for Responding to Requests for Information.
If you wish to complain you should contact:
Information Governance Manager
Tel: 01226 435059
Information Governance Department
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision.
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
Information Governance Team
Information Governance Department
Ext: 2017 Direct Line: 01226 432017
Email: [email protected]