FOI Disclosure Log
View by month
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
View by year
View by category
13 October 2019
We acknowledge receipt of your recent request for information held by the School: Freedom of Information request - Prevent policies and referrals Your request will be considered and you will receive our response within the statutory timescale of 20 working school days. The reference number for your request is FOI/40. Should you have any further inquiries concerning this matter, please reply to this email leaving the subject line unchanged. Yours sincerely, School Data Protection Officer
13 October 2019
Dear Bow School,
I am writing to get information on your school"s Prevent policy, referral information, and any training or Prevent related project work undertaken by staff or students at your school.
Please send to me:
1: A copy of your Prevent policy
2: Data on referrals, including: the number of referrals, by year; age; sex; and reason; and whether that referral was passed from your school safeguarding officer (or equivalent) to the local Prevent officer (or equivalent) OR your own dataset on this matter, preferably in excel format
3: Any data on training undertaken by staff for Prevent
4: Any Prevent related projects undertaken by staff or students for Prevent
5: Any minutes of meetings regarding the implementation of Prevent at your school
6: Any correspondence regarding complaints about Prevent
15 November 2019
Further to your request received on 13/10/2019, I confirm that Bow Secondary School has now considered your request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Outlined below is the response to the 6 questions that you raised:
1. A copy of your prevent policy - this is incorporated into the Bow School Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy which can be found on the Bow School website under policies.
2. Data on referrals, including: the number of referrals, by year; age; sex; and reason; and whether that referral was passed from your school safeguarding officer (or equivalent) to the local Prevent officer (or equivalent) OR your own dataset on this matter, preferably in excel format - there have been no referrals made.
3. Any data on training undertaken by staff for Prevent - all staff including teaching and support staff received training in June 2019.
4. Any Prevent related projects undertaken by staff or students for Prevent - no explicit projects - have been offered as part of our PSHE drop day and extra curricular offer.
5. Any minutes of meetings regarding the implementation of Prevent at your school - no school specific minutes, meetings regarding this are chaired by the borough and delivered at the DSL Forum half termly.
6. Any correspondence regarding complaints about Prevent - no complaints about Prevent.
The information supplied to you continues to be protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You are free to use it for your own purposes, including any non-commercial research you are doing and for the purpose of news reporting. Any other re-use, for example commercial publication, would require the permission of the copyright holder.
The School publishes responses on its online Disclosure Log. Only requests deemed to be in the public interest will be included and any request included within this log will be de-personalised accordingly.
If you have any queries about this email please do not hesitate to contact me directly, quoting the reference number listed at the top of this letter in all communications.
If you are unhappy with the School’s response to your request and wish to make a complaint please email IG@Connetix.co.uk, quoting the reference number above.
If your complaint is not resolved to your complete satisfaction, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision.
Cheshire SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113
01625 545 745
School Business Leader
Bow Secondary School