Online customer account (MyAccount) (FOI-478)
Please can I request the following information:
- 1.Does your Local Authority have an online customer account (MyAccount)?
- 2.If yes to question 1, the number of households in your borough?
- 3.If yes to question 1, how many people in total have registered (to date) for a MyAccount?
- 4.If yes to question 1 , a full list of services within MyAccount and the percentage take up of those services (or number of registered users).
Re: Freedom of Information Request.
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, received 6 July 2018. Your request has been considered and our response is in bold below.
You requested the following:
1 .Does your Local Authority have an online customer account (MyAccount)?
Yes, Hackney provides a MyAccount, known as ‘One Account’.
2 .If yes to question 1, the number of households in your borough?
The information requested is exempt under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Section 21; Information accessible by other means. The population of Hackney is in the public domain and is published and updated routinely via this link https://www.hackney.gov.uk/population.
Section 21 Information accessible to applicant by other means
Information is to be taken to be reasonably accessible to the applicant if it is information which the public authority or any other person is obliged by or under any enactment to communicate (otherwise than by making the information available for inspection) to members of the public on request, whether free of charge or on payment. This is an absolute exemption.
3. If yes to question 1, how many people in total have registered (to date) for a MyAccount?
There are approximately 80,000 registered users of One Account.
4. If yes to question 1, a full list of services within MyAccount and the percentage take up of those services (or number of registered users)
The services available on One Account are listed https://myaccount.hackney.gov.uk/publicaccesslive/selfservice/dashboard.htm
Appeals & Complaints Procedure
If you are dissatisfied with this response and wish to appeal, please write to the Information Management Team, firstname.lastname@example.org and this will be dealt with through our Internal Review procedure.
Your request for an internal review should be submitted to us within 40 working days of receipt by you of this response. Any such request received after this time will only be considered at the discretion of the Council.
If you are still not satisfied following the Internal Review, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner at the contact details provided below.
Information Commissioner"s Office
Telephone: 01625 545 700