Care Homes Residents (FOI-5827)
Dear ***** *****
Re: Freedom of Information Request.
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, received 7 May 2020. Your request has been considered and our response is in bold below.
You requested the following:
1. How many residents who have care home placements funded by the council (regardless of whether they are placed in or out of borough) have died, in situ, in the care home since 01/04/2020 as of the date of response to this FOI?
2. Of those, how many had formal Care Act care plans drawn up by the council or a lawfully authorised delegate of the s24 Care Act function?
3. Of all those residents who died, how many does the council believe were tested and proved positive for Covid-19 before their deaths, either in the care home or at hospital? Please state the figures for both those tested and of those, how many proved positive.
4. How many of those who have died were hospitalised before they died?
5. How many of the deaths occurred after readmission to the care home, subsequent to hospital discharge?
6. How many of those deaths subsequent to discharge from hospital were ever re-tested and proved negative? Please state the figures for both those tested and of those, how many proved negative.
7. Since 07/04/2020, how many requests for IMCAs were made for incapacitated people for exploring best interests decisions regarding Respect/DNAR documentation or decisions about not seeking admission to hospital?
8. Since 07/04/2020, how many safeguarding referrals were received from family members citing concerns about refusals by Care Home Managers or NHS staff to get care home residents (publicly funded or privately funded) to hospital?
The Council’s Response
Information to the Hackney Council"s support and advice is available via this link https://hackney.gov.uk/coronavirus. We are of the view that you may feel that we have not addressed your request, as you so wish. However, please note that at this moment we are unable to provide any further information as per your enquiry, as the situation relating to the COVID Virus and the governmental advice is still an ongoing progress.
We can only suggest that you continue to browse the pages on our website for ongoing news of the council"s support and advice in relation to the coronavirus and the impact on staff and the community.
Appeals & Complaints Procedure
If you are dissatisfied with this response and wish to appeal, please reply to this email and this will be dealt with through our Internal Review procedure.
Your request should be submitted to us within 40 working days of receipt by you of this response. Any request received after this time will only be considered at the discretion of the Council.
If you are still not satisfied following the Internal Review, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner"s:
Information Commissioner"s Office
0303 123 1113
Information Management Team
London Borough of Hackney