Dear ***** *****
Re: Freedom of Information Request /Environmental Information Request
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, received 11 June 2020. Your request has been considered and our response is in bold below.
You requested the following:
1. Does Hackney Council employ counsellors for its work force?
2. If yes, which department do they come under and where are the posts advertised?
3. If yes, how much do counsellors get paid per hour?
4. Do Hackney Council use counsellors from Agencies and if so, which ones?
5. If the counsellors are self-employed and contracted to work directly by the council, what documentation do the council require from the counsellors, before they can start working for the council.
The Council’s Response
The London Borough of Hackney does not directly employ Counsellors as part of its workforce, we contract with a Wellbeing Company who provide such services on our behalf. This service includes Counsellors who provide independent, free and confidential advice to our employees.
Appeals & Complaints Procedure
If you are dissatisfied with this response and wish to appeal, please reply to this email and this will be dealt with through our Internal Review procedure.
Your request should be submitted to us within 40 working days of receipt by you of this response. Any request received after this time will only be considered at the discretion of the Council.
If you are still not satisfied following the Internal Review, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner"s:
Information Commissioner"s Office
0303 123 1113
Information Management Team
London Borough of Hackney