correspondence between enforcement officers regarding planning and breaches at 174 Bethune Rd, London N16 5DS. (FOI-2511)
Dear ***** *****
Re: Freedom of Information Request.
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, received 29 January 2019. Your request has been considered and our response is in bold below.
You requested the following:
I would like to request under the FOIA, copies of all correspondence to and from planning and enforcement officers regarding planning and breaches at 174 Bethune Rd, London N16 5DS
The Council’s Response
Section 30 of the Act – Investigations and Proceedings
This exemption covers specific criminal investigations and criminal and civil proceedings conducted by public authority. It also provides protection to information about confidential sources for a wider range of investigative responsibilities. The information is exempt if it relates to an ongoing, closed or abandoned investigation.
The information requested:
- Is held for the purposes of a criminal investigation
- Is or has been held for proceedings brought by or on behalf of the authority arising out of various investigative functions
In Favour of Disclosure
Maintaining the Exemption
- To release the information would show accountability for the actions of the Council and its officers
- It is in the public interest to ensure the administration of justice
- The council needs to be able to effectively carry out its functions for the public, and has to rely on the utmost integrity and security
- The release of the information would pre-empt the outcome of the investigation
- Premature disclosure of information is likely to adversely affect these investigation / proceedings
- Maintaining confidentiality of the information is critical to the success of ongoing and future investigations / proceedings
Disclosure of information is likely to have a prejudicial impact on the success of investigation. It is considered that the public interest in withholding the information outweighs the public interest in disclosing it.
Appeals & Complaints Procedure
If you are dissatisfied with this response and wish to appeal, please write to the Information Management Team and this will be dealt with through our Internal Review procedure.
Information Management Team - Governance
London Borough of Hackney
Hackney Service Centre
1 Hillman Street
London E8 1DY
Your request for an internal review should be submitted to us within 40 working days of receipt by you of this response. Any such request received after this time will only be considered at the discretion of the Council.
If you are still not satisfied following the Internal Review, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner at the contact details provided below.
Information Commissioner"s Office
Telephone: 01625 545 700
Information Management Team
London Borough of Hackney