Click on the links to see details of information released by Oxford University Hospitals as a result of requests under the Freedom of Information Act
Return to FOI disclosure logs homepage
The Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is writing to respond to your request, F21-4830, sent 15/03/2021.
Please see below your request underlined and in italics, the Trust’s response bold.
1. What Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) equipment is being used by you to detect SAR-CoV-2? – This information is held.
· Cepheid GeneXpert system
· BioFire RP2.1 with COVID
· Thermo Fisher Kingfisher Flex & Quant Studio 5
2. Who manufactures the PCR testing kit(s) (as distinct from equipment) being used? – This information is held.
· Cepheid Xpert Xpress SARS-CoV-2
· BioFire RP2.1 with COVID
· Thermo Fisher TaqPath COVID-19
3. How many cycles (Ct/Cq) are used for your PCR assays? – This information is held. The number of cycles that are used depends on the manufacturer’s instruction for use. – This information is held. The number of cycles that are used depends on the manufacturer’s instruction for use. Please see the attached file (F21-4830 - Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) testing Q3.pdf).
4. Have you received guidance from Government sources or bodies such as PHE regarding the PCR equipment and test settings that you should use? – Yes
For further information about Freedom of Information / Environmental Information requests, you can visit the ICO’s website – https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-freedom-of-information/ / https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-environmental-information-regulations/.
Information about requesting a review of our response to your request can be found on https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/about/foi/request.aspx#complaints.
Provision of this information does not constitute permission for its commercial re-use in terms of the Re-Use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015. You are free to use the information for your own use, including for non-commercial research purposes. The information may also be used for the purposes of news reporting. However, any other type of re-use will require permission from the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
This response may refer to external third-party websites. The Trust does not endorse or guarantee in any way the external organisations, services, advice, or products included in these external website links nor does the Trust control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of the information contained in them. These links are provided solely as a service for your information and convenience. The Trust does not control, approve, or endorse these sites or the information contained therein.
If you access (or provide information to) any of the external websites linked to on the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and the Trust accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage that you may suffer as a result.
Freedom of Information Team
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
John Radcliffe Hospital